|   All Languages   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Englesko-hrvatski rječnik

BETA Online Dictionary Croatian-English: Enter keyword here!
  ČčĆć...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|New Website|About|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Kroatisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

Croatian-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Croatian and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
by krlo (DE), 2019-02-24, 21:36  like dislike  Spam?  

Vamaris,

You are still being very rude. Please stop being so aggressive. Your seniority at this site does not grant you the right to be rude to the newcomers. Please don't read into what is not there.

My German translations come from the double translation in a build-up section. Most of them I did last night. Since you corrected many of them, I decided to stay away from German translation from now on since indeed my German is weaker than my English.

"Since there was no reaction from you" - man, I am not here 24 hours, I addressed every issue that I saw. You can also see that either in my comments or that I deleted some of my inputs or that I accepted your correction. I am not against correction by you or other people, I am just against your very rude and impatient comments. And now your very passive-aggressive comeback. I don't want to waste my time arguing with you, when I could spend my free time contributing to the content.

I am sorry I corrected some of your entries, as I explained in my previous message, I did it with my best intentions. I did read the guidelines, but my interpretation of them was obviously different than yours. Why do you need to react so aggressively to a mistake made by a person who just joined the community? All of the things you said to me could have been said in a much nicer, non-confrontational way.

You corrected several of my entries that did not need correction, too. For example, you corrected "praonica auta" to "autopraonica". And "zapečeno" with "prepečeno". There was absolutely no need for these corrections, as my inputs are still correct and valid (as per rule 2 in the Guideline).

"Also, you won't blackmail me with words like "since there are not that many people working on a Croatian-English dictionary". If you don't start trouble, no trouble will occur. But if you can't stand people telling you things that need to be told or have your wrong entries corrected, that's your problem, not mine. Make correct entries, do not change correct entries and don't add unnecessary stuff and there will be no trouble at all." --> How in the fresh hell did you interpret my message in this way? First of all, this sounds threatening. Please don't threat me. Second, I wasn't blackmailing you. I was pointing this out so you remember that we are all here to contribute (voluntarily) and not in great numbers, so the progress is slow. Therefore, the more people come aboard, the better for the EU-HR dictionary, right?

I am asking you again, let's stop arguing and start collaborating.

Best,
krlo
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Croatian-English online dictionary (Englesko-hrvatski rječnik) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Advertisement